The Almaz (Russian: Алмаз, "Diamond") program was a highly secretive Soviet military space station program, begun in the early 1960s.
Three crewed military reconnaissance stations were launched between 1973 and 1976: Salyut 2, Salyut 3 and Salyut 5. To cover the military nature of the program the three launched Almaz stations were designated as civilian Salyut space stations. Salyut 2 failed shortly after achieving orbit, but Salyut 3 and Salyut 5 both conducted successful manned testing. Following Salyut 5, the Soviet Ministry of Defence judged in 1978 that the time consumed by station maintenance outweighed the benefits relative to automatic reconnaissance satellites.
The space stations cores were known internally as OPS (Russian: ОПС, GRAU index 11F71 and 11F71B), from "Orbital Piloted Station" (Russian: Орбитальная Пилотируемая Станция). As part of the Almaz program several spacecraft for supportive roles were developed: The VA spacecraft, the Functional Cargo Block and the TKS spacecraft, which were to be used in several combinations. The heritage of the Almaz program continues to this day with the ISS module Zarya being one example.
This watch has been manufactured in genuine bronze. Bronze is a highly machinable copper alloy that ensures the highest quality standards of case construction in your new Vostok-Europe watch. As copper and tin are key components of this alloy's construction, the final composite metal is subject to oxidation. As such, after a few weeks of wear, these watches will develop a "patina." This patina can produce a variety of colors on the metal surface and, in so doing, make each bronze Vostok-Europe piece a unique item with distinct case colorization that will be the personal reflection of the wearer.
- automatic watch in a limited edition of 3000 pieces worldwide
- bronze case - gets its own typical bronze patina after a few weeks
- screw-in glass case back with engraved serial number
- protected screw-down crown
- left-turning bezel with a minute scale
- hardened mineral crystal
- water resistant 200 meters
- diameter 47 mm
- height 17 mm
- rustic brown leather strap with 2 loops
- matted buckle with logo engraving
- mechanical movement with automatic self-winding NH-35A. Hand winding over the crown possible
- power reserve up to 45 hours
- shock protection
- date display with quick adjustment
- green dial
- superluminova coating on indexes and hands
- weight 134 g
- Free shipping anywhere in the world !